The American Wild Horse Campaign (AWHC) is dedicated to preserving American wild horses and burros in viable free-roaming herds for generations to come, as part of our national heritage.
- Defends America’s wild horses and burros to protect their freedom, preserve their habitat, and promote humane standards of treatment;
- Creates and implements humane solutions to keep wild horses and burros wild and safe;
- Rescues wild horses and burros in need, when necessary and possible;
- Increases the public’s awareness of and appreciation for wild horses and burros as an integral part of the America’s ecological and cultural landscape; and
- Works through public awareness and educational programs, coalition and partnership building and strategic litigation to keep wild horses and burros wild and free on our public lands.
Who's Behind AWHC?
The American Wild Horses Campaign thanks our key sponsor Durell Vineyard for their important role in our work to protect America's wild horses.