Donating long-term appreciated securities, including stocks, bonds and mutual funds is a great way to support our work to Keep Wild Horses Wild! Compared to donating cash, or selling your appreciated securities and contributing after-tax proceeds, you may be able to automatically increase your gift and your tax donation.
When you transfer ownership of securities to the American Wild Horse Campaign, you will receive a charitable deduction for the full market value and incur no capital gains tax subject to IRS deductible limitations.
You need to provide your financial adviser or brokerage firm with the following information:
Electronic delivery through Depository Trust Company (DTC)
- Wells Fargo Brokerage Account
- American Wild Horse Preservation Campaign
- ACCT: 4989-1390
- DTC: 0141
- Phone: Brokerage division (if assistance is needed): 1-800-872-3377
We encourage you to alert us in advance with the details of your appreciated gift so we can properly acknowledge your donation. Electronic security transfers do not necessarily provide us with your information. Please contact Development Director Terri Ducacy, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To receive the appropriate tax deduction, a receipt from a charity is required for gifts over $250.
- Security gifts are subject to the IRS deduction limits.
- A security's charitable value is determined by the date the security is received in a charity's designated account.